About Me

My photo
From Serious To Silly . . .You Need Something To Talk About

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Exclusive Eyewitness Story to the nabbing of MAKSIM GELMAN


courtesy of New York Daily News, February 2011
MAKSIM GELMAN, the man that was charged with the killing of 4 people (via stabbings, a carjacking and hit and run) on the weekend of February 11th, was also hit with ATTEMPTED MURDER charges today (February 23rd) for the actions done towards straphangar Joseph Lozito on February 12th (thanfully, Lozito surivied the attack and only received staples and stiches from injuries of not only slices on his body, but also included a stab in the skull)

Gelman is currently at the Bellevue Pshyc Ward under supervision. Also, the morning of Gelman's arrest: a coworker of mine (Jenny) happened to be in the train that got held up at Times Square ... and has this EXCLUSIVE story to share with YourNextTopic readers:

"It started out as a normal Saturday morning for me.  I am a personal trainer and my first client was at 9am.  I was on a downtown 2 express train traveling from my neighborhood  down to work.
The train rolled into 42nd street and when the doors opened dozens of NYPD officers came running down the stars of the station.  There was a lot of screaming and running, mostly from the police officers, as they got everyone inside the trains to clear the platforms.  It was clear that they didn't know if the suspect was on a train, in the tunnel or on the platform.

This is about when I realized that there was an off duty policeman sitting beside me on the train. He was in his street clothes but he had a badge around his neck.  I leaned over to him and said, "Do you have a gun with you?" and he said "Yes."  That made me feel a little better because even though there were many police officers in the area it was nice to know that our train had its own personal weapon.

About 20 minutes later and things start to settle down a little bit.  Our train was still being held in the station while police searched for the suspect, who I have now been told is "very dangerous". Then a few minutes later an uptown express train rolled into the station carrying the suspect and many police officers who had him pinned down in one of the cars.

We all watched as the man was arrested and that is when the officer on my train told me that it was the man who had been on a killing spree for the past 36 hours. Just another Saturday in NYC."





No comments:

Post a Comment