About Me

My photo
From Serious To Silly . . .You Need Something To Talk About

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TONY BENNETT

Photo courtesy of the Tony Bennett FaceBook Page

There was a boy I met when I was about 19/20 when i lived in California. I was just out of the closet and just trying to talk to boys. Nothing ever happened between the guy and I and i would see him at his job and get all giggles and nervous and all. For some reason, i thought that was the end of me. Then, my friend Dave sat me down in his office and played the song posted below ...



... it was then when i felt SO much better, listening to this AMAZING voice and heartfelt lyrics, but i had NO idea who the guy was. Yes, i know: i should have already known who Tony Bennett was, but growing up in Texas surrounded by Tejano Music and Mexican influences everywhere tends to keep you in a state of mind of one direction. I think of Tony everytime I think of San Francisco, I play his music when i just want to take a break from chill house music or just need some me time to get away from it all, I think the WORLD of Tony.



I fell in love with Tony Bennett since that day in 2002/2003 and he is by far one of my absolute favorite male singers OF ALL TIME (He is actually tied with GEORGE MICHAEL ... just in case you wanted to know). Today, August 3rd 2011 marks his 85TH BIRTHDAY!!! He is in no way slowing down as his new DUETS album is set for release soon, which will feature duets with Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, Carrie Underwood, Aretha Frankin, the late Amy Winehouse and MANY more.



Check out a great video by many of his fellow performers below (many of them, if not all of them in the birthday wishes video will be doing a duet with Tony) as well as a personal toast from Lady Gaga herself.



No comments:

Post a Comment